Thursday, February 16, 2012

PINATA










PINATA
This is the first time iam trying a piñata. And it is through Dora the explorer cartoon I learnt what is a piñata. When I did browsing I got lots of instructions and thought for making a piñata for my daughters 3rd birthday. The piñata can be of any shape a horse, a butterfly,a clown,ice cream cone, star, sun. Since this s my first try I wanted to keep it simple. Breaking the piñata s a tradition n Mexico, but I juz tried a pulling piñata.
MATERIALS REQUIRED :
Balloon
Strips of news paper
Chart
Crepe papers or colour papers
Thread, jute thread or anything tats strong
Glitters, chocolates n candies to fill in the pinata
Gum : water- 2:1
PROCEDURE
Blow the balloon large enough to hold glitters chocolates n candies
Cut the newspaper into strips, apply gum and stick it on the balloon
Allow the first layer to dry for almost 12 hours, then stick second layer of newspaper strips
You can have 3 or 4 layers depending upon the size of the balloon,

No comments:

Post a Comment